disablining of sound cards

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Wed Dec 31 12:57:56 EST 2003

That might not be the correct setting for the on-board sound.
I have that setting in my BIOS too, but it refers to one of the 2 AC97 slots
on my mother board.
One is an AC97 audio slot, and the other is an AC97 modem slot.
I use neither of the slots.
But I do have on-board audio, an integrated SB live chip.
But I have not seen a setting to turn this off in the BIOS.
On that system, I use windows, and I turn off the audio in windows device
manager, under PCI audio device.
I would think that you would disable the audio chip in Linux, rather than in
the BIOS.
Glenn.