usb wireless network?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Dec 31 06:54:50 EST 2003

Yes, you can.  It tends to be somewhat brand and product specific but
the kernel does have both wireless LAN and bluetooth support.  You
will probably need to have a wireless package installed to handle
client needs but I have wireless working from an old laptop using a
Belkin PCMCIA card and it is pretty slick.  The other client machines
on my wireless network are currently windows users.  You'll want to
take a look at iwconfig, a part of the wireless LAN utilities.

Sorry for not being more specific but I don't more specific info in
front of me right now.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 07:01:28PM -0500, Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any info as regards usb wireless network
> adaptors that will work with Fedora?  Are there any that work out of the box
> or that can be made to work with a bit of fiddling?
> Thanks,

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown