Fw: Fw: More Info on New Accessible Cell Phone

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Dec 29 09:12:35 EST 2003

Time is our friend on these things. It's $300 today. In a few months
it'll be under $100. By this time next year it will be free with a
2-year contract.

This is exactly how things went with the Nokia 3650 which also started
out at over $300 last April.

As to how complete the accessibility is, I can't really say. But, But,
please recognize that this is one vendor's first attempt at that, and
please recognize that they rushed that feature to market.

So, it's probably best to go to a store and play with one to figure out
whether what it does do is sufficient for your particular needs. Maybe
you'll decide it is. Or, maybe you'll decide it is when the price drops
in a few months.

Or, maybe you'll decide to wait for another phone to compare this one
with.

Charles Crawford writes:
> From: Charles Crawford <ccrawford at Starpower.net>
>
> $330 for a cell phone?  Eh hem?  It appears to be a video cell phone which
> is great for folks who can see the screen.  Irrespective of that, cell
> phones are supposed to have their various model lines accessible.  We
> should see what is happening with a regular cell phone.
>

> --
> -- Charlie Crawford

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group