yahoogroups accessibility

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Dec 28 13:29:27 EST 2003

A warning connected to yahoo by phone should be made known here.  the
credit card form is deficient.  It doesn't accept middle initials in names
so if you have a credit card with a middle initial you can't use it there.
What's worse, yahoo's credit card validation works this way.  First yahoo
collects all of your information except for that middle initial.  Then
they do a look up on your card and try to match your data entry exactly.
If successful, they have a valid card otherwise invalid card.  What's
interesting is I've used the card I tried to use on yahoo on other sites
that don't take a middle initial and the transactions worked so I know
it's not my card provider doing this, it's yahoo.  anne morris.com has no
problems doing transactions and all they ask for is first and last name
for name validation.  I might check and see if we can use a checking
account to pay for yahoo services, but if that fails I'll not buy any at
all.