yahoo groups accessibility

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Dec 28 11:41:02 EST 2003

Yes, it looks like this works, but i suppose i should email them and point
out that what they are offering is not a form of equal access  (even
though I appreciate the fact that they were at least aware of the need
for an alternative) and suggest
that at the very least they just let people know they can subscribe via
email. As long as this
avenue is open, that's fine, but we really shouldn't be barred from doing
it through the website unless we give out our phone numbers and request
help.
payPal at least had a wav file (don't know what they are doing now); it
was a royal pain in my oppinion but it could be done. And that was only a
one-time thing for registration.
Ok, I'll quit encumbering the list with my venting, but I wonder how many
of the people who dream up this kind of thing to solve accessibility
issues would be willing to send in their emails and sit around waiting
for a phone call just to join a group?! GET REAL!!!
Thanks for the quick responses anyway.
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't remind them that one can still subscribe by email;
maybe this is another gap in their security they will then close!!!

--
Cheryl