Compiling Flite

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Dec 28 02:16:38 EST 2003

anyone try compiling flite lately? I'm working with flite 1.2 taken
from the original CMU website and I'm using the gcc compiler that
comes with Slackware 9.1; I believe it is gcc 3.2.3.

What happens after compiling a bunch of its components, I get "gcc
internal error killed program cc1."  Then it asks me to fill out a bug
report.  I will probably do that tomorrow if I can't figure this out.
I got this once on another machine while compiling a kernel.  I
re-extracted the tar file for the kernel, re configed it and
recompiled and all that stuff and the error did not re-occur for the
kernel.  But with Flite, I tried untaring it again and recompiling
after the .configure and I keep getting the same internal error.

Anyone else experiencing this?
--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!