Mandrake Linux

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 27 16:40:21 EST 2003

Hi, this is correct. Mandrake installs directly to your Windows drive
without having to repartition, and gives you a duel boot. How it works?
When doing the install at the boot splash screen you would press f1, type
win4lin, which puts Mandrake into the win4lin install mode. Mandrake creates
a encrypted swap on your Windows drive, formats a native Linux file system
inside the swap file, and then installs all Mandrake software inside that
swap. After it is done it installs and configures your boot load to boot
Mandrakw with XP, 2000, 98, etc...
Despite other postings Mandrake does have experimental drivers for NTFS 5
support compiled into there stock kernel wich allows you to access files on
your XP drive.