2004: My Next Wireless Phone

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Dec 27 12:02:13 EST 2003

Yea, it ain't available yet.  I asked Verizon about it a week or so
ago and the latest model they had ever heard of was the 8900 & 8600; I
saw an 8600 and I found the buttons alone to be deplorable! let alone
not being accessible.  I go to tthe audiovox website just yesterday
and the model doesn't exist on their search engine.  I just hate non
disclosure agreements - they are anti competetive.  I mean you signed
an aggreement not to reveal any more about it but yet the damn thing
isn't even out there.  You couldn't even find it with your sources
and/or connections.

It's just a shame people, that is, companies, not you, have to be so
secretive about their upcoming innovations when they should be the
norm for all products.  I don't know if you saw any prototypes or what
but I hope they were good.  Some of us get to be a bit synical about
things like this.  How many times over the years have I heard about
some upcoming trick or gadget for accessibility and have it never come
to pass? I lost count so until I can see the real thing or at least
some documentation from the provider it is really being worked on and
some reasonable expected dates, I tend to call it vaporware.  It may
really be impatience on my part but I'm not sure what else to feel or do.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!