2004: My Next Wireless Phone

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Dec 27 02:19:48 EST 2003

I found the bit on the ow Owasys model to be quite interesting and
promising - especially the fact linux is being used as the OS and they
appear to be incourage public development.

Hey, I cannot find anything anywhere on the Audiovox 9900 phone that
would supposedly be available this month.  I looked on
www.audiovox.com and their idiot search tool kept saying "no such
model."  Is it really out there yet or is it vaporware?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 11:05:00AM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> OK. I thought I should wish a little here.
>
> I saw the wireless handset I want to get in 2004 while attending
> TechShare in the U.K. this past November. You can read about this phone
> at:
>
> http://www.owasys.com
>
> *	It is supposed to be available in Spain now, and in the U.K.
> *	soon.
>
> *	It is supposed to be available in the U.S. sometime in 2004. I
> *	may wait.
>
> This phone has no screen. It's 100% designed to be used without sight.
> And, it runs our favorite OS.
>

> --
>
> Janina Sajka
> Email: janina at rednote.net
> Phone: (202) 408-8175
>
> Director, Technology Research and Development
> American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
> http://www.afb.org
>
> Chair, Accessibility Work Group
> Free Standards Group