hard disk

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Dec 26 13:02:00 EST 2003

Hello all.
last night when I was doing some sytem maintenance I noticed that the
drive containing my ftproot wasn't mounted. this was odd bc this happens
automatically on startup. further examination of the disk showed that it
had no partition table. this wasnt a big deal because everything on
there was just mirrored so a quick wget or 2 got me all the disk's
contents back.
my question is what could have caused this? the disk in question is a
western digital (I think) 1.2 gig from about 1996/97.
the reason I'm interested about what's happening is so I can see if any
of my hardware is failing such as the disk or the ide controler.

back.