talking bios?

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Thu Dec 25 21:25:12 EST 2003

As I recall, the Speaqualizer plugged into a standard ISA slot, and
copied video signals from the ISA bus.  I believe a little, external
control box was used for reviewing the screen and such.  I was told
that its weakest point was its not-so-great speech quality.  I never
owned one myself, but it was high on my wish list for a while.  It
seemed like a good idea, and I am surprised it did not catch on more
than it did.