what linux should I use?

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 19:47:20 EST 2003

Hi, Juan.
When choosing a Linux distro you need to take in to account what features
you are looking for in a distro.
For example if you want to install a modern Linux distro with good hardware
plug and play support, can be installed directly to a Windows drive without
partitioning, and have commercial support Mandrake 9.2 might be the distro
of choice. However, Mandrake doesn't have a talking install right out of the
box, and takes lots of tinkering to make accessible.
if you are looking for a Linux distro with a talking install, speakup
included, and accessibility right out of the box Fedora on the speakup ftp
site might be a better choice. However, I don't like the fact I can not
order Fedora on cd, and have to download the entire thing which is a major
turn off for me. Neither does Red Hat provide any profetional technical
support which does not help sell to a business.
So really that is my two suggestions.
Hth.