Talking bios

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Dec 24 12:50:28 EST 2003

You misunderstand me. The BNS was just particular to my circumstance.
Digital Equipment Corporation certainly didn't design their bios for a
particular device from a particular assistive technology vendor. Quite
the opposite. They used a standard mechanism in the computer trade,
called serial terminal, so that anyone with any kind of a terminal
capable of serial communication could use whatever device it is they
had.

It just happens that my serial terminal device, that I happen to have,
was a BNS. It could easily be anything else, as has already been pointed
out.