talking bios?

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Tue Dec 23 03:44:33 EST 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Glenn Ervin at Home wrote:

> I think it would be great!
> It frustrates me to wait for someone to come along to read the BIOS for me.

Agreed.  The only PCs which ever had accessible BIOSes, were the Dell
units, and even that only worked if you could boot DOS, and get a screen
reader up.

Being able to access BIOS/CMOS information via terminal, speech synth
(half terminal), or even better: via network, would be quite nice.

I'll definitely investigate this project, and do what publicity I can.

Luke