talking bios?

Erik Heil eheil at patmedia.net
Mon Dec 22 08:25:02 EST 2003

Hi.
Actually, it can be shown that such an item could be benificial to the
sighted community also.  There are times when using an actual display may be
impractical, say in a data center where space is at a premium.  I happen to
know for a fact that on Rs/6000 and P Series UNIX workstations that run AIX
(by IBM), this is possible, as you change the console port to one of the
serial ports.  That way you can use Winblows Terminal and you have access to
the Boot PROM, BIOS, etc.  But in all, point well taken. I'll be sure to
check out that Web site though.