tuxtalk

David Csercsics aarg at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 20 13:22:46 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 11:00:55AM -0600, Deedra Waters wrote: > tuxtalk
has no documentation, and I can understand why since it's  still being
written, but  I have a few questions conciddering the docs that are there
don't match what you should be doing.  > > I typed make to compile it,
but now what? you can't make install it, and I see no binary that I
can even run. does anyone have a little more detail that they can fill
in here? I'm willing to write basic install instructions so that there
isn't any more confusion like this if knowone else wants to, heh > There
is a binary called say which gets created in the current directory after
you type make. Just copy that to somewhere in your path. If you're going
to use tuxtalk with speakup you will need to make the softsynth device:
mknod /dev/softsynth c 10 26 Then you'll just load the speakup_sftsyn
module and starrt tuxtalk with: say -d You'll lose the console that you
start tuxtalk on as tuxtalk will not go into the backgroup and if you
try say -d & it doesn't work as expected. Also once the module is loaded
be careful unloading it it locked my box up solid yesterday.