having trouble when back spacing

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Dec 17 11:14:24 EST 2003

I'm at work now so can't tell you for sure but I recall it either saying
space or something; I would rarely hear the next char the cursor
should/would end up on.  When I use left and right arrow keys, the proper
character is always spoken.  Infact, when I'm using a local machine and not
an ssh session, I can scroll down through an entire file with no problems
reading ever.  If I'm on an ssh session or such, sometimes speakup picks up
the wrong text when emacs scrolls up a half-screen like it normally does but
I just chock that up to delays in the network connection..