more speakup modules

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Dec 15 00:25:26 EST 2003

I think you may be running into the same problem I had.  You are doing
the right thing so far but what seemed to work better for me is to
echo "none" to /proc/speakup/synth_name first.  Thanks to Bill Acker
for this tip last week.:)

I will copy in a shell script I have started to build for starting and
stopping modular speakup.  It needs a bit more work, but it is working
for me.

----- begin shell script rc.speakup -----
#!/bin/sh
#
# Shel script to load and unload a modularized version of Speakup
#

case "$1" in
   'start')
      synth="$2"
      /sbin/modprobe "speakup_$synth"
      /usr/local/bin/speakupconf load
   ;;
   'stop')
      synth=`cat /proc/speakup/synth_name`
      #echo "none" >/proc/speakup/synth_name
      sleep 1
      /sbin/modprobe -r "speakup_$synth"
   ;;
   'restart')
      $0 stop
      sleep 1
      $0 start "$2"
   ;;
   *)
      echo "usage $0 start|stop|restart" ;;
esac
----- end of shell script -----

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 09:16:19PM -0600, Deedra Waters wrote:

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown