pts question

showell at lrxms.net showell at lrxms.net
Sun Dec 7 07:51:29 EST 2003

Folks,

I'm getting the following error from logwatch. I am running RedHat
Fedora.

**Unmatched Entries**
open(/dev/pts/0): No such file or directory

I checked in /dev/pts and in fact that entry does not exist. I do not
get this message consistantly, but after looking in the kernel tree in
the devices.txt file I found some info on this. I would like to know
where I could get more info as I assume I do need this, but am not sure
based on what is in the devices file how to create those. I assumed they
would be created at the time I installed Fedora and if memory serves me
I had this in other distros I ran; the /dev/pts/0 etc. that is.
Could someone tell me where I could get some additional info and how I
should best go about correcting this problem? I don't believe it is
causing me any problems, but its one of several little issues I'd like
to nail down.

tia
Scott