Servers and Tos

Vortek, Eater Of Souls! vortek at the-bofh.com
Sat Dec 6 14:26:27 EST 2003

yes, that's assuming that the cable company allows their users to share
their total bandwidth...which roadrunner doesn't.
They cap you at...well, when I had it it was 1.5mbps down, and 384kbps
up.
yes, I know a lot of other cable companies allow their users to suck
every last bit of speed that is available on their main lines, but rr
doesn't, and therefore, if they try and enforce something like a policy
on running servers, I don't see where they'd be coming from.
if a company allowed you to use all available bandwidth, then I could
understand, but very few cable companies do that any
more...unfortunately. :)