Servers and Tos

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Dec 6 12:02:18 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 12:12:24AM -0600, Vortek, Eater Of Souls! wrote:
> and, I totally agree, any ISP that gives you lightening fast speeds, and doesn't think your going to run servers is totally moronic,
> and to enforce that, is beyond moronic, and totally unfair.

If you would have said that about dsl, I would totally agree with
you. However, you need to keep in mind the differences between dsl and
cable connections. Yes, they both give you fast speeds, but they don't
work the same way, just as a car and train can get you somewhere fast,
but there are differences of course between how a car and train work.

So, when cable ISPs don't allow their users to run servers, I can
totally see where the ISP is coming from.

Greg