alsa weirdness

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Dec 4 15:40:37 EST 2003

Hi all.

I've just upgraded to linux 2.4.23, which forced me to upgrade to alsa
1.00rc1, since the alsa drivers 0.9.0beta12 that I had before wouldn't compile
under linux 2.4.23. BTW, I've put linux 2.4.23 on all the machines
which had problems when running under 2.4.22, and all the boxes are
running fine now under 2.4.23, so looks like I'm still justified in
saying that there was a problem with 2.4.22.

Anyway, after upgrading to alsa 1.00rc1, I am finding that even though
the mic and 20db boost are both muted, I can still here the mic in my
speakers, which was not the case with previous versions of alsa that
I've used. I'm using a sblive card.

Has anyone else noticed this problem, and if so, could you please
maybe shed some light on it?
Thanks.

Greg