cursed GTK

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed Aug 27 10:43:34 EDT 2003

Hi all.  Here is an url that points to a very interesting project.
Cursed GTK is a project to make Ex windows apps using the GTK libraries
run on a text only console.  This is still very much alpha software, but
it's an interesting idea, and the web page is interesting reading.  It
sounds like a great way to give blind folks access to some ex windows
apps using Speakup.

No, I haven't tried it yet, I'm in the middle of helping all the
students who are back and starting classes this week.  (smile)  If you
decide to play with this, direct your requests for help to the author, not
to the Speakup list.  No one here knows anything about it, and probably won't
for a while.  Nevertheless, it does pose some interesting prospects for
the future.

The url is:

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/cursed/cursed.html

Have fun.