current information

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 24 18:33:01 EDT 2003

On 08/24/03  2:19 PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I'd be happy to do some critical reading whenever you're ready.
>
> It seems to me that with all the teachers and authors on this list, to
> say nothing of advocates like me, we should be the best documented spot
> on the net.

Well i should have something for you once I flesh out the section on
keyboard mapping, but I'd like to have someone contribute their
experiences with a dectalk PC and loading its firmware as well as it
seems that will be in 2.0 also.

I am also unsure whether to include distro specific information about
speakup initialization and loading the modules because there is not
really a standard way to do itt. I believe that at least redhat and
debian have the system V init scripts so they should work much the same.

Perhapse if there are not to be any more major features added and just
bugs to be worked out i will go ahead and make this howto available, but don't expect too much as I am no professional technical writer.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.