Red Hat 8

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Aug 23 11:15:12 EDT 2003

rpm -qa

as root. It'll talk forever, so you might want to send the output to a
file with the redirect, like this:

rpm -qa >[filename]

Then, you can page through the file with more (or less), like this:

more [filename]

Or, you could read it in emacs, vim, or pico, which are probably all
installed.

For a more structured view, as opposed to the alphabetical one you get
with the above command, be sure to look at the Getting Started manul
which is on line at redhat.com.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development