Major Bug found in Speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Aug 18 08:01:23 EDT 2003

Has anyone else experienced this problem.  I thought the latest
version of Speakup was on or about the date shown at the end of this
message.  I think there may have been some Dectalk specific changes
since then but... I'm anxious to figure this out incase I have
something wrong here or what.

I just found a *MAJOR* problem with speakup! If I press keypad-insert
+ the F1 key (speakup-F1)_, I lose all speech and all keyboard
control! Dare I say i? it reminded me of a windows lockup.  I think
this is the first time I ever locked up a linux kernel:).  I had th
power off the machine to get things back.  Again, this is the help key
recently added to Speakup
Speakup v-2.00 CVS: Wed Jul 23 14:25:42 EDT 2003
synth spkout version 1.0

--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html