Listen-up Won't Compile!

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Aug 13 00:46:50 EDT 2003

As mentioned earlier today by someone else, we can't get listen-up to
compile.  I too have installed the two required libraries, libxml2 and
osalp...  The only change I made at first was to change /usr/include
to /usr/local/include to find the libxml2 header and I also changed
the exe bin dir to /usr/local/bin; this I did to the Makefile.  Upon
first attempt to compile I got the same errors that the other person
got concerning conflicting types between const char * and char *.  I
tried to go out on a limb and change the DTBPlayer.h file and remove
the const from the char * definitions but that didn't really work
either.  I think I got a little further but got a bunch more errors
revolving the same conflicts - probably in reverse so to speak.  I'm
using gcc 3.2 that comes with slackware 9.0 and don't know the libgc
version off the top of my head but it is also stock with slackware
9.0.  For some reason, the C++ environment doesn't handle the type
differences.  I know c and a little bit of c++ but am quite confused
over these types.

Bottom line: I can't figure out these compilation errors <sigh>.
--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html