file viewing with bookmarks saving?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Aug 12 13:08:06 EDT 2003

Well, like I said before, the O'Reily are not in BRF format; DAISY is
the only way.  We can extract the files from the archive with unpack
utility and specify -html to get an HTML version of the book.  Then
use lynx to save it out as a txt file; you could do that with the
print command or possibly use -dump command line option.  I'm just
saying that this HTML and of course, the plain text file has no
navigation features.  You just end up with this *HUGE* stream of text
- a real pain for reference material.  This might not be a problem
withnovils and such.

Oh, as for emacs, the specifics on bookmarking is to do a c-x r m to
add the mark, c-x r l to list existing bookmarks.  The info
documentation under registers within emacs explains this in full
detail.  I got back into the emacs mood this weekend and got back up
to speed on this bookmarks stuff - just as fast and exciting as before:).

--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html