file viewing with bookmarks saving?

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Tue Aug 12 12:24:41 EDT 2003

I think Ann had the best approach for reading bookshare stuff in linux:
download the brf versions and back-translate using nfbtrans. You could then
use the split command to divide the result into chunks of say 2000 lines.

I'm actually grateful for bookshare because they have provided many books
much soner than NLS.  So I'm in no hurry to jump on the bookshare bashing
bandwagon.  What I do find puzzling is that the supplied windows version of
Victor reader doesn't recognize oreilly books.  However, you can read the
.xml files with ie, if you're in windows.  Next time I'm in windows, and
who knows when that might be, I'll make an atempt to same an oreilly .xml
file into txt format.  The trick of how to do this in emacs was mentioned
but I don't recall any specifics.

Happy reading!
Chris