trouble with knoppix with speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Aug 11 07:42:34 EDT 2003

Yes, I have a shell script I generally use for the job.  First, I'll
explain a bit though.  I place all the mp3's or whatever under a
particular directory node name; within this directory, you can have
whatever subdirs you want but I put everything to be burned into a
single directory to work from.  Then I use the attached shell script
and use both options.  First, I create the ISO image and then I burn
the ISO image to disk with the other option and the script uses
cdrecord to build this.  So far, all my CD's work with this script
which simplifys things.  I plan to enlarge upon it but it does quite a
bit for me right now.
----- Beginning of script -----
#!/bin/sh
# General purpose CD burner script using crecord and mkisofs

make_iso1() {
echo
echo -n "Enter name of directory to copy files from: "
read -e INPUT
echo -n "Enter name of ISO file image: "
read -e ISOFILE
echo -n "Enter volume label: "
read -e VOLID
mkisofs -v -r -J -V $VOLID -o $ISOFILE $INPUT
}

write_data1() {
echo -n "Enter name of ISO file: "
read -e ISOFILE
cdrecord -v -data $ISOFILE
}

# Main portion
CHOICE=""
while [ "$CHOICE" = "" ] ; do
    clear
    echo "CD Burner Main Menu"
    echo ""
    echo "1 - Build ISO image for single session CD"
    echo "2 - Burn a single session data CD"
    echo "X - Exit"
    echo ""
    echo -n "Enter choice: "
    read CHOICE
    case "$CHOICE" in
    1)
        make_iso1
    ;;
    2)
        write_data1
    ;;
    x)
    echo ""
        echo "Exitting CD burner script!"
	exit 0
    ;;
    esac
done

    ----- End of script -----

--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html