OT Talking dos boot disk

Guy Abandon. text.tools at virgin.net
Sun Aug 10 13:25:42 EDT 2003

<<I need a talking boot disk for dos, so I can run diagnostics on my
laptop.  Has anybody got this animal?>>

I'll have to make some assumptions - like you have a hardware synth,
preferably one of the American classic ones.  I will also assume you
have the facility to produce or have a DOS boot disc produced.  I
would then say that TinyTalk should still be around as one of the
cheapest and smallest DOS screen readers  (find a demo!).  You should
then also be able to fit your diag' tools on the same floppy.  I can't
say where TT is, so a Google search is going to be necessary.  The
only other thing would be for someone to produce an image that you
could receive and write to a floppy, but who would know your precise
requirements and they wouldn't be able to test it first.

GA!