file viewing with bookmarks saving?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Aug 9 10:04:52 EDT 2003

Some of the books such as the O'Reily ones are only in DAISY and not
anything else.  Hence the need for parsing the XML or whatever.  I
know little or nothing much about DAISY right now except for some of
the navigation aspects.  It was mentioned in another message that
bookshare was mainly concerned about page navigation; not sure if that
meant only between pages or what.  I would especially find chapter and
section navigation as well as jumping off from a table of contents to
be of great importance.

DAISY reader for linux? <hmmm> that could be an interesting project.
I'm really not qualified to go and write another web browser but
parsing the XML code to something meaningful perhaps?  Gee, even if I
could translate into navigable HTML document for starters would be
better than what we have right now.

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:48:44AM -0400, Ann Parsons wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> The booksshare books are either in DAISY or in BRF files.  I haven't
> tried the DAISY stuff, but Raman's made noises about a DAISY reader
> for Emacspeak.  I think you can read the xml files from the DAISY
> books.  I haven't tried that.  I just download the BRF files and back
> translate 'em with NFBtrans.
>
> Ann P.
>
> --
> 			Ann K. Parsons
> email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854
> WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
> "All that is gold does not glitter.  Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html