speakup as part of the kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Aug 8 11:02:05 EDT 2003

The answer to your question is a simple "no."

No one has given up on putting Speakup into the Linux kernel. However,
Speakup is currently undergoing a thorough rewrite, so now isn't the
time. Once the rewrite is complete, however, the new and improved
Speakup will look a lot more attractive to the wider Linux community.