file viewing with bookmarks saving?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Aug 6 21:11:44 EDT 2003

You could look at using emacs and emacs has a whole section on
bookmarks.  Unfortunately, I don't use it enought to have the commands
committed to memory right now but you can bookmark right down to the
character position.  Look in the info documentation for emacs under bookmarks.

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:16:42AM -0600, Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) wrote:
> Hi all.  Just wondering what folks are using, if anything, to view a
> textfile, with bookmark capability.  Maybe something similar to our
> faithful old dos program readit?  I was wanting to use less, and I see
> where you can set marks in it, but I'm gathering there's no way to save
> such marks upon file exit.  Am I overlooking anything out there?  Thanks.

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html