mplayer question

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 4 21:42:52 EDT 2003

Hi, Jim.
Typically, when I am watching something such as a dvd I launch mplayer from
with in gnome-terminal.
Naturally, this will require something such as gnopernicus for speech, or
you can use emacspeak from with in gnome-terminal to control mplayer.
In short the best way to watch dvd's with friends is from in x, and you need
to get it accessible in some way such as emacspeak, yasr, or gnopernicus.
Here is what I do.
startx, do alt+f2 for run, type gnome-terminal, press enter, and load the
yasr screen reader which gives access to gnome-terminal.
Then, I load mplayer.
These instructions of course assumes you are using the gnome desktop and not
KDE.