problem playing ogg files

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 3 19:52:21 EDT 2003

On 08/03/03  4:33 PM -0500, Adam Myrow wrote:
> Speaking of Vorbis, is there a better player than ogg123?  That is,
> one that can fast-forward, rewind, pause, etc. rather than just
> playing straight through?  Such players exist for MP3, but they don't
> seem to for Vorbis.

Though imho its documentation is lacking, zinf (formerly known as
freeamp) works nicely. Kirk explained a fix that has made all the
difference in the world for me getting it to work with alsa. In your
~/.zinf/preferences file you will find a line like SoftMixer: true.
Change this to false and it magicly works.

There is also mplayer, but it seems like overkill as it does more than I need.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.