cvs speakup and curser tracking

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sun Aug 3 12:02:15 EDT 2003

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Start ex, then use vi to go into full screen mode. This avoids that
> annoying automated updating of row and column location data that keeps
> grabbing Speakup's speech. Wish there was a config it off, but I imagine
> we'll eventually get "silent zone" support from Speakup.

Interestingly, this doesn't happen in Slackware, just in Redhat.  So, I'm
thinking Redhat did in fact turn on some feature or other by default which
Slackware didn't.  I have no idea what feature it might be, though.

As to the original question of cursor tracking, I was thinking that a way
to switch Speakup to treat a highlighted bar on the screen as a cursor,
thus reading the line it is on as you move it would be nice.