Message length, was: Re: Which distribution?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Wed Apr 30 17:58:55 EDT 2003

Here are my personal reasons for quoting.

I generally try to make sure that my reply doesn't contain more then one original message.

Whenever I send messages to a list, I always quote the original message so that people such as myself know what message the reply goes with.

If I just have a general message comment, I quote the whole message if it's fairly short.

If I have comments throughout a longer message, I intersperse them in the original message, cutting out the unimportant stuff of course.

I hope that sheds some light on why certain people always quote what they are replying to.

Greg