Speakout Users

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Apr 30 16:37:55 EDT 2003

I have a question concerning the recent CVS version of Speakup and use
of the Speakout synth.  I only know of John to be another user of it
but I am wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the tone
parameter?  I found one issue in the speakup_spkout.c module where the
tone range is defined.  John, what is the letter equivelant you try to
use with speakout? I've usually used 'J'.  From what I see so far, the
base value appears to be off by four positions.  It should be 65 and
not 61.  Though that doesn't explain why digits above 4 didn't work
for me yesterday.  I will mess with this some more when I get home
tonight  Since I'm still suffering on a windows box here at work
talking over an SSH line to mutt.