Anybody heard of Fretts?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Mon Apr 28 21:51:11 EDT 2003

I have heard of FreeTTS.  It's written in java I think, but not 100% sute
about that.  I know it can use Mbrola voices and probably in that case can
use Festival voices as well.  I do have Festival running on my laptop,
which is running Slackware 9.0.  In a day or so, if you want, I can build
it again and see if I can use the checkinstall package to create a
precompiled Slackware package for Festival.  Hopefully, this will take a
lot of the confusion out of building it.

Lorenzo

Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment.
	-- seen in a posting in comp.software.testing

Adam Myrow staggered into view and mumbled: