Which distribution?

Darragh darraghoheiligh at eircom.net
Mon Apr 28 18:09:47 EDT 2003

I am by no means experienced in Linux matters but I've installed red hat
more times than I'd care to recall!  If you want speakup during the install
you should probably try version 8.  when the install screen first executes
you are taken to a command prompt.  there you can type text
speakup_synth=your synth where your synth is the synth that you are planning
to use.  that way you will be taken into the text mode install with speakup
loded.  unfortunately though, the first few times I installed red hat I
found the menu navigation a night mare  because it announces every new menu
item and button after announcing the previous control.  This may have been
fixed in one of the latest releases though but I cant say for certain.

What I can say though is, the people on this list were vital to my attempts
in setting up red hat and when I start again in three or four weeks to try
tackeling the configuration of this linux box again I know that lists such
as this one will be one of the most important sources of information.

Hope that helps

Darragh
P.S.  I do have to say again, I am in no way an advanced user of Linux but
they are my experiences.