Linux notetaker

Doug wearable at shawcable.com
Fri Apr 25 09:45:55 EDT 2003

Most of the small "book PC" type products, and the embedded
boards, have PS/2 keyboard/mouse ports. So you can use a
normal keyboard, or you can use smaller qwerty, half qwerty,
or a chording keyboard. I use all of these depending on the
situation. For the products that don't have PS/2, they can
usually be used with USB equivalents, provided it has a
host USB port (most PDAs don't have this, they have device
USB port only (ie the PDA acts as a USB device not master).
Some keyboard alternatives:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wearable/hardware/#Input

 > little palmtops like the Sharp xoros come with
 > keyboard or they use any software based tuch screen
 > staff?

Do you mean sharp zaurus? Search on xoros doesn't
find me a PDA ... for most PDAs there are serial
keyboard add-on products that clip onto the PC
docking port/cradle interface. For example cirque
makes a small keyboard that will work with palm,
handspring, etc. There seems to be lots of PDA
keyboards on the market today. I personally think
they should just implement PS/2 ...

   -- Doug

Nektarios wrote:
 > Sorry for the stupid question, but what kind of keyboard
 > could someone use for such an implementation?

Do those