Ooooooooh....CVS Speakup......

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Apr 24 18:39:25 EDT 2003

Okay, you say you have speakup cvs as of today.  What time today?
This is a very fast moving target and I believe we've checked in at
least five times so far today.

I will look into the devfs problem.  Unfortunately, I don't remember
what I did that last time this happened to fix it.  Did you get any
warnings from the devfs code?

I bet your problem with loading modules is the uart.  You have not
been on the reflector to be in the know how this stuff is all playing
out.  If the system is booted without a serial synth builtin then you
need to take the uart away from the kernel before trying to load a
serial synth driver.  Here is the proper incantation and modprobe is
not! part of it.

setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
echo dectlk >/proc/speakup/synth_name

Of course your values will very.  We will automagically steel the uart
away from the system at some point in the future but that isn't
important right now.  As of this afternoon none of the beta testers
have been able to actually break the module switching.  If you can
then we want to know about it with logs.  If you don't have logs it
won't do us any good.

I am aware of the characters array bug and it is on my list.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061