linux notetaker

Glenn Ervinat home glennervin at cableone.net
Wed Apr 23 22:54:15 EDT 2003

Here is some info on my David 386 laptop, if anyone knows if it is enough to
run Linux, and any speculations as to whether it would be able to address
the Braille keyboard & display.
I don't know yet how much ram mine has, as I need to take it in and see
about replacing the cMos battery, and I'll see about upgrading any hardware
then...
Product Specifications

System Configuration
Processor, 386SL
RAM: 6 MB, optional 8, 12, or 20 MB.
Hard Disk: 80 MB, (Optional, 170, or 260 MB).

Floppy disk: 1.44 MB.

Interfaces:  Serial, Parallel, VGA Monitor, QWERTY Keyboard.

General
Battery operation time, 5 hours
Battery charge time, 2 hours
Power consumption: 12 bolts, 0.5 Amps average.
Charger power: 100 to 240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz.

Dimensions: 12.85 inches by 10 inches by 2.6 inches
Weight, 7.9 pounds.