palmtops running linux

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 23 18:50:23 EDT 2003

On 04/23/03  6:25 PM -0400, Beth Wright wrote:
> technical, I think this list is a little over my head.  Are there any lists
> for blind people who are just starting to learn about Linux?  Thanks for any
> help.

There is the blinux-newbie list, you can subscribe to it by sending a
message with subscribe in the body to
blinux-newbie-request at braille.uwo.ca. I hope someone will correct me if
that address is wrong. That is a rather quiet list, but questions asked
there seem to get answers very fast. This list isn't always so technical
and has usually answered my questions to my satisfaction. Finally there
is the blinux list which you can subscribe to by putting subscribe in
the body of a message to blinux-list-request at lists.redhat.com. Imho
blinux isn't particularly newbie friendly, but has improved quite a bit
with the influx of blined linux users in the last year or two. I hope
this has been helpful, and more importantly I hope it doesn't go over
the 5kb msize limit. Good luck with linux.

HTH
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.