linux notetaker

eh51 at cornell.edu eh51 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 23 14:55:45 EDT 2003

The ELBA is a linux-based notetaker, made by Papenmeier, and available
from Sighted Electronics in the US.  I have been using one for about 8
months and I like it a lot.  Like everything else Linux, it's extremely
stable and dependable.  They only come as braille display units, though,
which makes them expensive.  But the braille is beautiful.

You don't get as much control over the Linux system as you would if it
were your desktop machine.  They block access to some stuff to make
support easier for them.

Liz