trippletalk status?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 23 07:49:42 EDT 2003

We have a Trippletalk usb synth.  We also have a usb driver partially
written for it.  One of the problems has been that the usb code for
the Intel family of chips is fairly stable while the code for the Via
chip set is not.

Currently our prototype driver is a standard Linux driver instead of a
speakup specific driver.  I took this approach because I would like to
move speakup over to using standardized device drivers.  I have no
idea how long that will be.  We may write a speakup driver in the
short term but can do nothing until there is stability in the chip set
code.

I don't have a pci TrippleTalk.  If someone would like to send me one
we'll work on it.  I have to thank Janina and AFB for providing the
usb version for us to hack on.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061