punctuation delay after restarting dectalk

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Apr 20 22:07:42 EDT 2003

Hi Greg. It says this right after it says the message "dectalk restarted."
However, when it says hey, that's better, there is an extraordinarily long
pause between hey, that's better. This long delay goes away after I reboot
the machine, however I was curious as to whether there is a way to reset
the punctuation delay without rebooting the machine? I didn't find
anything related to this in /proc/speakup, otherwise I would have changed
it by now.

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.