RH9 disks on the net.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Apr 19 17:10:41 EDT 2003

"Not necessary to have it start immediately?" How does that work? I'm quite sure you could know something I don't, but I have only ever seen ide-scsi started from the
boot loader. I have never seen it in modules.conf, for example.

If the drive isn't to be mapped scsi right away, are you suggesting it can start mapped ide and be switched to scsi somewhere after booting? That's a pretty radical
suggestion, imho.

But, let's take this back to the original point. If ide-scsi can be modular, and started from the boot loader, why not Speakup? That was the original point, after all.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development