keymap problems

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Apr 19 07:50:51 EDT 2003

Do you have the "loadkeys" command on your system?  I remember about 2
years ago, when I installed Slackware 8.0, I couldn't compile a Speakup
kernel for the life of me.  I finally figured out that by not installing
the keymaps package with the loadkeys command, I had shot myself in the
foot in terms of compiling that kernel.  I didn't think I needed it since
it talks about non-US keyboards.  It turned out that it is essential.  So,
make sure that you have it and try again.